The Diocesan Board of Mission
The Board of Mission is the evangelistic arm of the Diocese of Rumonge and is mandated by the Diocesan Synod to coordinate mission work in the Diocese. The Board executes its mandate through the following committees:
I) Children’s Ministry (Sunday School)
II) Mothers’ Union
IV) Parish Mission and Evangelism
Functions of the Diocesan Board of Mission
• To provide guidance on preaching and teaching authentic biblical doctrine within the framework of the Anglican Church of Burundi.
• To appoint an Executive Committee of five (5) members made up of the Board Chairperson, Diocesan Secretary, Mission Director and two persons from among its members.
• To participate in appointment of the Mission Director
• To receive reports from the Diocesan Secretary on performance of the Mission Director
• To coordinate and give general direction to its various committees
• To monitor and evaluate of the performance of the various committees
• To receive reports from various committees and present the Board and committees reports to the Diocesan Synod.
• To share with the Pastors in the Diocese on best practices to carry out Mission in parishes.
• To identify emerging national and global mission trends and advise the Diocese and parishes on how best to engage with these trends.
• To identify areas of ministry that have not been adequately addressed by the Diocese and advise accordingly
• To encourage and report on human and financial sustainability of the various committees
• To work with Parish Mission and Evangelism Committee in mobilization of resources for mission work in Missionary Areas.
• To support and encourage departments and parishes to hold regular parish, archdeaconry’s and diocesan conventions, conferences and symposia to address various issues in Christian Ministry.
• Provide strategic thinking in mission work in the Diocese.
• To encourage collaboration between different ministries in the Board.
The Current Director of Mission and Evangelism:
The Rev. Canon Emmanuel Nsengiyumva
P.O. Box 14 Rumonge-Burundi
Mob. +257 71 657670
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com